Website Avera St. Anthony's Hospital
SUMMARY: The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for the assessment, treatment, and management, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions affecting the cardiopulmonary system for neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, and adults. The individual must demonstrate proficiency in all modalities of respiratory care, which may include, but not limited to oxygen therapy, breathing treatments, airway clearance, blood gases, airway management, non-invasive and invasive ventilator setup and monitoring.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Associate of Science degree with a certificate in respiratory care required.
* Bachelor of Science degree with a certificate in respiratory care preferred.
* One or more years of experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSURE:
* Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) with the National Board of Respiratory Care.
* Current licensure as a Respiratory Therapist in the state of Nebraska.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required within six months of hire.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required within six months of hire.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required within six months of hire.
The position is day shift with evening/weekend/holiday on-call hours.
Must apply on-line @ www.avera.org/careers and search by location: O’Neill.
Benefit eligible position. Avera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Respiratory Therapist Requisition #2004923.