Website Green Plains, Inc.
Candidates need to be available to work between the hours of 6:00am – 4:00pm (Monday-Friday). An occasional weekend may be needed.
Job Summary: Operate and maintain machinery and equipment necessary in the loading and unloading of ethanol, wet & dry distillers and corn.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inspect grain received to ensure that it meets company standards.
- Timely loading/unloading of all ethanol, distiller’s grains and other products by railcar and truck.
- Proper completion of all records related to the products loaded for shipment from the plant site.
- Ability to submit work requests when appropriate.
- Housekeeping as related, but not limited to the cleanliness and orderly organization of all areas that pertain to your duties.
- Keep current on the status of all operating equipment.
- Maintain rolling stock to include loaders, track mobile, skid steer, and fuel loader by checking fluid levels, greasing, lubricating and re-fueling.
- Inspect loaders, track mobile, etc. for defects, cracks, breaks, tires, etc. according to the designated schedule issued by maintenance and document the inspection results.
- Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
- Grease and check oil levels on all rolling stock equipment at the designated schedule and document.
- Properly document any accidents and/or injuries.
- Keep the plant in a tour ready condition at all times.
- Frequent communications with the grain grader and operations department.
- Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Must be hard working and self motivated.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to operate utility vehicles.
- Ability to work well with others and ability to work independently with multi-tasking skills.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of this company.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; uniforms with cleaning service, and more. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.