Website Green Plains, Inc.
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world.
Job Summary: Responsible for managing the quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) of the ethanol plant to ensure maximum yield and quality, while supporting the goals and objectives of this company.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage plant QA/QC program and monitor based on best practice in the ethanol industry.
- Monitor use and inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies. Initiate reordering when necessary.
- Monitor calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving operation or solving process related problems.
- Sample various points in the process and conduct QA/QC tests as required.
- Supervise QA laboratory technicians.
- Ensures technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated, so QA/QC program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost efficient manner.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the QA/QC laboratory.
- Ensure that all technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Communicate regularly with all technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure consistent implementation of the program.
- Assist with hiring of laboratory personnel.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge and contribution of the process.
- Monitor plant QA/QC parameters.
- Review the operation of the plant constantly to monitor production and quality, to anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Indicate and carry out projects that improve efficiencies and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintain adequate records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis of key QQ/QC variables.
- Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the QA/QC laboratory.
- Maintain environmental program.
- Implement environmental control program, including testing and reporting as required by regulatory agencies.
- Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure city, county, and state and federal regulations relating to the QA/QC laboratory are met at all times.
- Communicate directly with operations supervisor to ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Communicate directly with Maintenance Manager to coordinate maintenance and repair work in the laboratory.
- Coordinate activities with other departments.
- Implement programs and procedures required to ensure laboratory and plant cleanliness.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four year college or University in a related scientific or technical field.
- Four years of experience in a QA Laboratory in a dry-mill ethanol plant.
- Experience with implementing effective QA/QC programs.
- In-depth knowledge of fermentation and distillation as they relate to the ethanol production process.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training laboratory employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency in office computer software, e.g. word processing, e-mail and spread sheets.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with computerized laboratory equipment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/move up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near mechanical parts.
- The employee may be exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.