Website Johnson Service Group
Johnson Service Group is recruiting for an, Electrical Field Technician, for a 4–6 month contract assignment headquartered in O’Neill, Nebraska. This role will test single and three-phase meters and metering related equipment, while auditing each site for flaws, such as safety issues and possible reasons for billing errors. Work is performed in the field and in the office for data analysis. Local travel only up to 75%. (U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 50% – Perform meter exchanges for current meter installations. Take photo and reading of current meter, remove current meter, replace with new meter, and take photo and reading of new meter. Occasionally, document GPS coordinates.
- 40% – Perform testing procedures of single and three phase electric watt-hour meters and related metering equipment, including but not limited to, Current Transformers (CTs) and Voltage Transformers (VTs) with or without customer escort.
- 5% – Provide technical information and support to Electric Power division customers and sales reps. This includes answering technical questions, troubleshooting, training, and solving hardware and software problems.
- 5% – Generate test reports and formatted data using proprietary software. Provide proof of site audit by photographing site flaws and safety issues; performing wiring inspections; verifying billing multipliers; and analyzing site data.
Required Education / Experience:
- High School Degree/GED, or Associates Degree in Electronics or Electrical Technology
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Proven communication skills both orally and written with customers and internal co-workers. Ability to rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Ability to understand electric meter wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Knowledge of basic electrical theories and practices
- Knowledge of standard electrical safety practices and procedures for work around electrical equipment including high voltage circuits, service entrance requirements for electric utilities, and electric meters
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures of power equipment and vehicles used in overhead and underground electrical systems
- Experience with basic hand tools used to install meters and various electrical equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Contractors may be exposed to hazards and possible injury as a result of working around energized lines.
- Work must be performed in an extremely efficient manner with a very minimal error rate.
- Contractors are required to use appropriate safety equipment and follow safety procedures in performing assignments to avoid risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, and temperature extremes.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to internal and external stakeholders.
- The job requires use of hands to, handle objects, tools, or controls.
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects 20 to 50 lbs. multiple times each day.
- Job requires walking or standing frequently and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Activities include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- Will require personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hard hats, foot protection, arc flash protection, eye and face protection, hand protection, and protective clothing in specified areas.
- Travels frequently to customer sites.
- PC/laptop, Cellular telephone, hand tools for installation or removal of electric meters and related equipment, meter test equipment and accessories.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org