NCDHD is looking for a driven, dynamic, self-starter to fulfill the role of Emergency Response Coordinator! This is a full-time opportunity. This position is responsible for the coordination of the Emergency Preparedness Plans for the North Central District Health Department. The ideal candidate in this position will work with the Public Health officials and the Emergency Coordination teams of the counties within the North Central District and lead the Bioterrorism team for the department. This person will coordinate with appropriate state officials and will remain knowledgeable of Federal alerts, CDC updates as well as other federal, state, and local information sites. The selected candidate will be responsible for keeping the Director, and as necessary, all public health staff aware of changes in conditions, new alerts, and communications regarding bioterrorism and emergency updates.
- Establish positive working relationships with medical, public health, and emergency response partners within the health department, adjoining districts, counties, medical response system, and the State.
- Establish positive working relationships with communities within the district to mobilize, educate, plan and implement responses to a public health emergency.
Work with first responders including Emergency Managers in developing and exercising NCDHD Emergency Response Plan.
- Develop specific protocols and resources to be used by the health department and the
- Emergency Response Plan annexes.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal accountability.
- Develop, submit, and implement grants, budgets, and contracts with various funders.
- Comply with work plans, reporting requirements, and timelines per grants and/or contracts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop the capacity to act in accordance with state and local statutes related to bioterrorism, disease epidemics, and other disasters.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate exercises and work plans as required per the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Contract in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in exercises initiated by state, regional, or local emergency response entities.
- Works with the State to coordinate the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) distribution plan to other health district jurisdictions.
- Recruits volunteers willing to assist with any disasters and emergency situations.
- Plans, organizes and implements work assignments, as directed, to meet goals and objectives of the assigned projects and administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Evaluates and compares possible courses of action and make decisions or recommendations after considering various possibilities with respect to matters of significance regarding emergency planning, response, and recovery efforts. As such, this position is responsible 24/7 for the activation of the NCDHD Incident Command and will serve as the Incident Commander, if available.
- Assign tasks to support staff in accordance with budget parameters.
- Compliance with all NCDHD policies and procedures.
- Present submissions for posting on the department’s website and other social media accounts, i.e. Facebook and Twitter as needed.
- Active participation in assigned internal staff committees, e.g. Training, Wellness, Safety, or Event.
- Participate in performance management and quality improvement (QI) activities and sustain a culture of QI within NCDHD.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends when needed.
- Represent NCDHD in a professional manner when out in the community in a variety of settings.
- Responsible to respond to emergency situations 24/7 as they arise within the service area and department as directed by supervisor and/or health director.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and technology including Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to organize tasks, recognize priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Academic / Research
4 Year Degree
Notes: Additional Salary Information: Negotiable depending on experience.