Website O'Neill Public Schools
O’Neill Public Schools is currently accepting applications for an Elementary teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. O’Neill Public Schools is a progressive district with a focus on developing the whole student. Our district has committed, supportive leadership, small class sizes, and a strong professional community. The ideal applicant will be student-centered and team-oriented. Application materials can be found on our website at www.oneillpublicschools.org. Sponsorships and coaching assignments currently available include Head Girls Golf, Assistant Boys Golf, Assistant Concessions, Assistant FFA Sponsor, and Assistant Wrestling. The position will remain open until filled.
Teachers shall be assigned, supervised, and evaluated by the building principals, and their duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Meeting or exceeding district evaluating standards in the areas of instructional performance, classroom organization and management, professional conduct, and personal conduct;
- Adhering to the code of ethics established by the Nebraska State Board of Education’s Professional Practices Commission;
- Maintaining a current, valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate on file in the Holt County Superintendent’s Office and in the office of the district superintendent of schools;
- Accepting and performing all assigned non-classroom duties as determined by building principals and described in board policy;
- Analyzing student data/performance and making instructional changes based on that information;
- Participation, as requested, in the budget formation and acquisition process as it relates to the individual’s position.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information related to staff, students and parents;
- Maintaining a cordial and cooperative relationship with all personnel, students, aptrons, and vendors;
- Maintaining consistent attendance for the benefit of the students;
- Facilitating Medicaid eligibility determination;
- Assisting with transportation related activities in support of Medicaid covered services;
- Translation related to Medicaid services;
- Program planning, policy development, and inter-agency coordination related to Medicaid services;
- Medicaid related training;
- Referral, coordination and monitoring of Medicaid services;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Current Nebraska Teaching Certificate
Experience with Technology Integration
Student Centered and Team Oriented