Website West Holt Medical Services
West Holt Medical Services
406 West Neely
Atkinson, NE 68713
– Prepares materials for the sterile field; makes general preparations by proper scrubbing, gowning, gloving for all scheduled and emergent surgery
– Assists the surgeon with prepping and draping of the patient
-Performs duties as necessary during surgery for the smooth management of surgical procedures
– Anticipates and meets the needs of the surgeon during procedures
– Understand principles and application of asepsis
– Know the care, sterilization, location and use of instruments, sutures, packs and all other supplies used in the operating room
– Be familiar with preferences of the each Surgeon
– Understand and practice all safety measures to prevent patient and employee injury in the operating room
– Prepares the setting up of sterile tables and equipment; positions the sterile instruments, linens, sponges, specimen basin and other needed supplies on the tables in a uniform, routine manner
– Performs the sponge count with circulating nurse before and at the close of each procedures
– Assists the surgeon with gowning and gloving
– Assist in cleaning and restocking the operating room and anterooms as needed
– Assists in the preoperative preparation, notification and education of the patient as assigned
– Assists in the preoperative preparation of outpatient rooms for outpatient surgical procedures
– Be a clinical liaison to departments outside of the – – – Primary Clinic as well as outside of WHMS these may include those listed below and may require meetings, phone calls, teleconferences etc. to ensure key stakeholder relationships are maintained and any issues / concerns are addressed (Nursing Home, Funeral Home, Outside Hospitals, Assisted Living, Other Primary and Specialty Care Clinics).
– Become proficient in the EMR and all modules that apply to daily patient care including: Hospital Module, Clinic Module, Registration, Scheduler, Dr. First, E-Prescribe
– Handle Customer Complaints or elevate them to the – Charge Nurse or Director in a timely manner
– Demonstrate your support with changes that occur within the clinic.
– Be proactive in identifying ways to improve surgical processes/ quality/ safety and communicate these to the Specialty Clinic Charge Nurse.
This position is a part-time (30-35 hours per week) with benefits position. Surgeries take place generally 1-2 times weekly with cases starting early in the morning. This position does not have required “on call” hours, but surgeons may request your presence after hours and on weekends for emergency cases.
Education / Experience Requirements:
– Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with 3(+) years of experience in patient care/operating room.
– Must possess and maintain an active license to practice in the State of Nebraska.
– Must have current CPR and ACLS certification.
– The position requires experience in operating computer systems, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook as well as strong telephone communication and service orientation skills.
– Experience with Heathland Centriq Electronic Medical Record is desirable.
Competitive wage and benefits package.
West Holt Medical Services is please to offer a competitive wage and benefits: Bereavement Leave, Christmas Club, Continuing Education, ACLS, CPR TNCC, Employee Wellness Program, 24-hour Fitness Gym, Family & Medical Leave, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, Sign-On Bonus*, Supplemental Insurance Plans, AFLAC, Colonial Life, Tuition Reimbursement*, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and Extended Sick Leave, Worker’s Compensation. *Available to eligible staff. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com