Parks & Recreation
Perkins Memorial Park, Chambers
Carney Park, O’Neill
Mill Race Park, Atkinson
Nebraska’s Cowboy Trail runs northwest through Holt County along Hwy 275. There are several towns along the trail, including Ewing, Inman, O’Neill, Emmet, Atkinson, and Stuart. The Cowboy Trail is the longest rails-to-trails conversion in the nation and spans 321 miles though northern Nebraska.
Parks & Recreation by Community
- O’Neill Country Club and Golf Course – 9-hole semi-private golf course located at 49175 W. Hynes Avenue, (402) 336-1676
- Carney Park – campgrounds, rodeo grounds, sand volleyball court, fishing pond, and playground located in south O’Neill, east of US Hwy. 281
- Ford Park and Swimming Pool – playground, covered picnic areas, basketball court, and swimming pool located one block north of US Hwy. 281 on Madison or Jefferson Streets
- Lion’s Kiddie Park – playground, basketball court, tennis court and covered picnic areas located on Tipperary Street between 5th and 7th Streets
- Torpin’s Soccer Fields – north on 4th street, east of O’Neill Elementary School on Kros Dr.
- O’Neill Walking/Biking Trail – located east of O’Neill Elementary School at 4th and Kros Dr.
- Schaffer Park Complex – O’Neill Ball Fields and basketball courts located east of US Hwy. 281 on Kros Dr.
- Honey Creek Observatory – Northwest of O’Neill on US Hwy. 281
- Kippure Adventure Park – obstacle course fitness park located on Tipperary Street between 7th and 9th Streets
- Atkinson Mill Race Park & Campground – 47450 877th Road
- Atkinson – Stuart Country Club – 47453 US Hwy 20 (402) 925-5330
- Atkinson Swimming Pool & City Park – 700 N. Main Street (402) 925-5745
- Sturdevant-McKee Foundation Museum – 308 S. Main Street (402) 340-2288
- Perkins Memorial Park – Southeast edge of town
- Ewing Memorial Park
- Ewing Village Park
- Summerland Golf Course-51020 857th Road (402) 626-7555
- Page City Park
- Stuart Community Park – Northern edge of town
- White Horse Museum & Heritage Village – 208 Garfield Street (402) 924-3321